Metroidvania Month 22 -- UNNAMED PROJECT

ty, i appreciate it! i want to release some playable “demo” by the end the month, so i’ll try to focus on content (might have to code new systems to fit the content but that’s what always happens with gamedev)

i’m proud of this project so far!

day 14 (late)

hey! i worked on a (hard) area a few days ago to try out some of the advanced mechanics, it’s fun (imo) and extremely precise

here’s a sneak peak:
https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/890767689
note than no video platform handles the compression of my game correctly. too many moving elements, fine details and strong colors to handle ig… vimeo is the best one out of the bunch, but it’s not perfect. so trust me when i say it looks better (subjective) in person

oh wow, that filter looks really great. the one thing i’d think about is creating some sort of visual feedback when you are doing those wallkicks, which would maybe make it a bit easier to parse your movement (and understand how to do future jumps)

AFAIK we don’t run any compression on this site, there’s just a filesize limit you have to manage on your own. I think it’s like 25mb right now? which is maybe a bit too generous but it’ll be a while before that’s an actual problem

thank you! i wanted to rely mostly on sfxs for feedback at first, but reading you i realized it wouldn’t hurt to have a visual cue as well

it’s 4mb sadly, but i think that’s fair, allowing large upload could pile up very quickly

Oh yup - found the setting. I’ve upped it to 20mb now, so we’ll see how it goes.