[PAWN] Devlog #1 ----> A 2.5D RPG

Hiya! I’m Mottley, and I’m making an RPG called PAWN, a game where you control a guy wearing a hoodie, and make them do some cool stuff, like battling monsters, if they even exist.

I have a lot in mind for this game. It will involve cool stuff like:

• real-time battle encounters
  • a branching story
  • multiple main characters with unique stories.
  • mott

But talk is cheap, so here are some screenshots to tide you over while I conjure scenes from my mind into the 2.5D realm of PAWN

incoming

That is all for now.

hi Mottley! i love the art style and the lighting :sparkles: excited to see what else you have in mind. are the other main characters going to be playable?

Great style so far!

Really like the pixel style and the lighting. Kinda gives me Octopath Traveller vibes!

Hi there! Yes I do have in mind to make much of the main trio playable, and potentially some other side characters? Thanks for the comment :)!!

Thank you!! Hope to show off some more soon! :D!

The 2.5 D style is an intriguing thing, has really gotten a renaissance with games like Octopath Traveller and such. Your game wears it snugly as that hoodie!

What is making me raise an eyebrow are the real-time battles- Will love to read more about that when the mechanical make-up for them is in place.

Thank you very much for your interest! I can’t wait to document a lot more about the game here as soon as I can! I’ve got lots of illustrations to share too but that can wait until after I’ve more fully mapped out the general gameplay. Also yes I love the style of Octopath, but was somewhat disappointed that all the beautiful pixel art was hidden away by all the “HD” visual effects. I’d aim to make a game more similar to Breath of Fire or Persona 2.